This past semester, faculty presented a number of lectures that have themes related to globalization and inequality.
Topics in Spring 2015 included:
- Inequity (Drs. Reza Ghorashi and James Avery)
- English: A Global Language? (Dr. Lois Spitzer)
- World Economic Outlook and Investments (Dr. Erdem Aktug)
- Worldwide Refugees Problems (Dr. Melaku Lakew)
- Special Education Around the World (Dr. Priti Haria)
You can find the slides and videos of these lectures at this link: https://goo.gl/Xd3fIW.
The Globalization Lecture series (GLS) is a weekly 1-hour lecture series open to the Stockton community. By introducing a variety of global topics across disciplines, GLS aims to increase global awareness and to foster a deep and critical perspective of the global world, developments, and opportunities. Lectures usually take place on a Tuesday or Thursday afternoon at 4:30pm – 5:30pm. Students who attend receive ULTRA Credit — and enjoy pizzas as well.
JY Zhou is scheduling the weekly GLS lectures for the Fall 2015. The first lecture will be on 9/10/2015 and the last lecture will be on 11/19/2015. If you would like to share your expertise and experience in global issues with the Stockton community, please contact JY at firstname.lastname@example.org.